Alien vs. Predator

Hi, I'm a n00b. One that has the nasty habit of thinking that nowadays consumer technology should be user friendly. The ''plug and play'' kinda thing.
 I want something to browse, socialize, check my mail, listen to some online radio and...game. Or at least that was the plan.
But since I don't have over 1,500 smackaroos to spend on a decent gaming laptop, I opted for a tablet. 1/3 the price for everything except gaming. Pretty sweet deal, right?es t

Wrong!

Once you decide to purchase a tablet, you enter the Android-Apple battlefield. You have Honeycombers on your left and Apple Fan Boys on your right. 

Apple makes you feel guilty and snobbish and Android makes you feel stupid and guilty for wanting Apple. Congratulations! You are the lucky owner of a split personality!

Why? Because these 2 fkrs competitors refuse to get a room merge and put us all out of our misery. Win-win, BOOM goes the dynamite!

To put it in a nutshell: Mac is cool, but a dictator and Android/Google is the stoned hippie who dropped outta Harvard, smart and charming, but has problems with short and long term memory and secretly suffers of premature ejaculation.
Apple likes to own your ass, for complete details, please feel free to watch South Park Season 15: Human Centipad(available only in the US, the rest of the world can look for it online, download it (il)legally or buy it on DVD, only for @,99).
Android makes you think you have a choice.
None of them are the underdog, but they both compete for that position in the consumers' heart.

I bought an Asus Transformer EEE Pad, it runs Honeycomb and right now I'm typing from it.
- If I seem illiterate, I'm sorry, my transformer has no spell-check.
- If my posts miss paragraphs, I'm sorry, my transformer has no UNDO
- I also can't play youtube in the backround, while I am browsing the web
- My keyboard is lagged, but I have extensive battery life on it, so I can lag a lot and beyond
- There  are NO decent applications that can make your Android life less miserable, browsers suck and Blogger runs like sh!t.
And the list can go on.

Same for Apple products:
- No flash supported (how's censure workin' out for you?)
- No USB
- Auto-correct is a B!tch in high heels who likes to step over your finger with her stiletto heels and make your friends believe you are an "Enter'' trigger happy dyslexic, who suffers of Tourette.
And the list goes on.


Meanwhile, in HP Land...Mazel Tov!
It makes me think of a headline I once saw on the "Alien vs Predator'' poster: NO MATTER  WHO WINS, WE LOSE.



No comments:

Post a Comment