Online Window Shopping (OWS)



It's my greatest internet addiction by far. You can find me ogling shoes and clothes, you can even call me a fashion voyeur, I don't care. As long as my credit card won't get raped by magpie random purchases, I'm good with any name.

Lately, I've been drawn more than usual to the ASOS site and Facebook page. I am absolutely in love with the way they suggest their products on Facebook, in their Something for the weekend category (ogle to the left).

Sure, it's marketing and advertising, but it's so frekking JUICY my eyes tear up.
As a former Ad Freak, I'm most likely to drool at clean layouts, just like any other copywriter/art director next door. Top that with International Shipping and I'm in!

You see, here in the Netherlands, at least in The Hague part, there are no hipsters, like in Amsterdam. That means I'm prone to look at brown, black, navy, ordinary clothes with no flattering lines or at kitschy, emo, K.Perry/Bieber-esque, dress-like-trash kind of trend. Not good.

Since I've been window-shopping online, I've noticed that good shops are mostly in the UK/US and don't deliver to my country (NL/RO). Also not good.
However, in my internet quest for the Simple, the Elegand and the Multifunctional I ran into some decent online shops that DO deliver internationally. But about that, ''a la long'' in another post.

For now, here's what ASOS is throwing my way that makes me wanna run in circles and giggle like a little girl: Shoe (way to expensive, but so effin pretty), Cape, Tights, Watch, Earrings, Bag 1, Bag 2, Bag 3 and 4 and... COLLAR(in Caps, because this one made me squeak).

In any case, I'll dedicate a label to this passion of mine and it shall be called.... OWS (Online Window Shopping). In secret, I call it my private lap dance. It's great, it's fashionable, it's FREE!!

And here at OWS, we have a motto:  
Wait 48h before buying anything! Chances are you won't want it anymore.


Meanwhile, in MeMe Land...
rage comics - Pretty Spitty
see more Rage Comics


Tru story. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment